In modern times, people have sought ways to cultivate, buy, wear, or otherwise be around flowers and blooming plants, partly because of their agreeable appearance and smell. Around the world, people use flowers for a wide range of events and functions that, cumulatively, encompass one's lifetime:
• For new births or Christenings.
• As a corsage or boutonniere to be worn at social functions or for holidays.
• As tokens of love or esteem.
• For wedding flowers for the bridal party, and decorations for the hall.
• As brightening decorations within the home.
• For funeral flowers and expressions of sympathy for the grieving.
• In Hindu culture it is very common to bring flowers as a gift to temples.
Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flowers#Flowering_transition
See Also : Perth Florist, Malaysia Florist, Thai Flowers, Fathers Day